The Shun Classic Vegetable Cleaver, sometimes known as a Chinese cleaver, is a large squared knife with a very wide blade. Every part of it can be put to use. The edge is used to chop vegetables, especially larger ones such as cabbage, which are frequently a part of Chinese cuisine. Yet some cooks find their cleaver nimble enough for almost every kind of chopping and slicing. The flat of the blade makes a great tool for smashing garlic cloves or ginger, too. The Shun Classic Vegetable Cleaver feels solid, but Shun’s thinner blade makes it easy to handle so food preparation is a pleasure. Please do NOT use the Vegetable Cleaver on joints, bones, or meat. The Meat Cleaver is made for that.
- Perfect for chopping, slicing—a favorite of many professional chefs
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 32 layers stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood®
- Blade length: 7.75 in. (18.7 cm)