The Shun Kanso 7-in. Hollow-Ground Santoku is a beautiful, Asian-inspired chef's knife that many cooks today have added to their kitchen favorites. A knife of many talents, a santoku easily handles all the basic kitchen cutting tasks. In fact, some people even prefer it to a chef’s knife. Slightly shorter than the standard chef's knife, the Shun Kanso Santoku is very easy to maneuver—even in a smaller kitchen. There's just enough belly curve to enable rocking cuts, which just adds to the knife's versatility. We think you’ll find that this distinctive kitchen knife works beautifully and fits your hand like a glove. As easy to use as a chef's knife, the santoku is especially well suited to a down-and-forward cutting motion (push cut). Many cooks swear by their santoku for easy food preparation and top performance.
- A multi-purpose, must-have knife in Asian kitchens
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Heritage finish hides scratches, gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age
- Steel: AUS10A—high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel
- Handle: Contoured tagayasan wood
- Blade length: 7 in. (17.8 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan