The Shun Kanso Asian Utility Knife is a beautiful multi-tasking blade—from its sharp tip, which can be used to peel ginger, to its long, straight edge, perfect for portioning meat. While it may look like a meat cleaver, it isn't. (You'll want a heavier cleaver for breaking bones.) Instead, the Kanso Asian Utility Knife is adept at processing quantities of vegetables for stir fry and thinly slicing meats. Every part of this knife can be put to use. Use the flat to smash a garlic clove. Use the back to tenderize meat. Use the tip and razor-sharp edge for everything from skinning fish to shaving vegetables. Once you use it, you'll find yourself reaching for this precision knife more and more often.
- A multi-purpose, must-have knife in Asian kitchens
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Heritage finish hides scratches, gives Kanso a rustic look that just improves with age
- Steel: AUS10A—high-carbon, vanadium stainless steel
- Handle: Contoured tagayasan wood
- Blade length: 7 in. (17.8 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan